Introducing Josh Bennett!
“Make it work!” Behind every great designer, there’s usually an equally passionate mentor – someone to stoke the fires of motivation and creativity. The Fiber Factor™ is excited to announce the addition of group mentor, Josh Bennett. During each challenge, Josh will be providing the contestants with personal insight, in an attempt to better focus their ideas and designs, while establishing an original point of view.
Recorded video chats between Josh and the contestants will be added to The Fiber Factor™ website, so you can listen in on their discussions! Be sure to follow the competition at www.TheFiberFactor.com.
Josh Bennett received his degree in Menswear Design from FIT (Fashion Institute of Technology in NYC), and has managed yarn shops in New York City. As a teacher, his travels have taken him all over the country, including the Rhode Island School of Design (RISD), and Vogue Knitting Live! His designs have been published in Vogue Knitting, Knit Simple, Knit.1, and Knit Local. Josh’s own line of hand-knit sweaters, Michael Bastian by Josh Bennett, is available in stores now. You can discover more about The Fiber Factor’s™ new mentor, at www.joshbennettnyc.com.
The head judges of The Fiber Factor™ are Karin Skacel and Cirilia Rose:
Several guest judges will help Karin and Cirilia evaluate the contestants’ submissions for each challenge. Guest judges will include the following knitwear designers, magazine editors and industry experts:
- Amy Detjen
- Carla Scott, Editor-in-Chief, Knit Simple magazine
- Cat Bordhi
- Clara Parkes
- Cookie A
- Elaine Rowley, Founder of XRX and Knitter’s Magazine
- Franklin Habit
- Jennifer Burt, Editor-in-Chief, Love of Knitting magazine
- June Hemmons Hiatt
- Kara Gott Warner, Executive Editor, Creative Knitting magazine
- Karen Allen, Star of Screen and Stage and fiber lover!
- Karin Strom, Editorial Director, Interweave
- Kate Gilbert, Founder and Editor of Twist Collective on-line magazine
- Lily Chin
- Lisa Shroyer, Editor, Interweave Knits magazine
- Lucy Neatby
- Margery Winter
- Mary-Heather Cogar
- Mary Jane Mucklestone
- Michelle Hunter
- Nicky Epstein
- Penny Sitler, Executive Director, TKGA and Editor of Cast On magazine
- Rick Mondragon, Editor, Knitter’s Magazine
- Stefanie Japel
- Stephen West
- Steven Be
- Trisha Malcolm, Vice President, Editorial Director Vogue Knitting magazine
- Ysolda Teague