What is The Fiber Factor™?
The Fiber Factor™ is a knitting design competition being held to find the next great knitwear designing superstar!
How will you participate?
Will you swatch? Or will you watch!?
- 12 contestants (the “official swatchers”) were selected to compete in The Fiber Factor™ design contest.
- The 12 chosen contestants were announced April 6, 2013!
- A series of 6 challenges will be presented to the contestants, with challenges ranging in length from 2 weeks to 4 weeks, depending on the complexity of the challenge.
- These first 6 challenges will run from April 2013 through October 2013.
- The first challenge will be presented on April 8, 2013!
- The 3 contestants with the highest overall total scores after the first 6 challenges will then be announced and given several months to complete the final challenge.
- From these top 3 contestants, the grand prize winner of The Fiber Factor™ will be selected and announced in January 2014!
- A $500 cash prize will be awarded to the winner of each of the first 6 challenges, and the overall winner of The Fiber Factor™ will receive a 5 day, all-expense paid trip for two to Germany to tour yarn production facilities and the addi needle factory!
- Videos and/or photos of the contestants, the contestants’ completing the challenges, the contestants’ finished pieces, and the judging of the competitions will be posted regularly on www.TheFiberFactor.com website.
- People watching the competition (affectionately called “Watchers”) can participate by “swatching along” and submitting pictures of their design! Get more information here!
- Official Rules can be found here Official Rules
Sounds amazing, right?!?
So…will you SWATCH? Or will you WATCH?!